Tesco home insurance

Get home insurance quote
House Insurance
> House Insurance Home Page
> Home contents insurance
> Buildings insurance
> Garden contents insurance
> Holiday home insurance
> Buy to let home insurance
> Home appliance insurance
> Mobile home insurance
> Flat share home contents insurance
> Small business home insurance
> Overseas home insurance
House insurance provider
Tesco home insurance
Direct Line home insurance
AA home insurance
Barclays home insurance
SAGA home insurance
Editorial Articles


Other Insurance Links

Car Insurance
Life Insurance
Holiday Insurance
Health Insurance
Pet Insurance
Wedding Insurance
Dental Insurance
Insurance Portal


Tesco home insurance

In a survey of 897 customers, conducted in 2005, 95% of customers said they would recommend Tesco home insurance to friends and family. Praise indeed.

If you purchase Tesco home insurance online you can get a 25% discount in your first year.

In common with most other home insurers Tesco offer buildings insurance, contents insurance or a combined policy which covers both building and contents insurance.

Tesco building insurance

Tesco building insurance cover includes (but is not limited to):
• the structure of your home and walls (also gates, fences, hedges and footpaths)
• Outbuildings (such as garages and sheds)
• Permanent fixtures (such as kitchen units and fitted wardrobes)
• Accidental damage to underground pipes and cables
• Cost of alternative accommodation during necessary repairs following an insured event

In addition, you can add Accidental Damage Cover to your Tesco building insurance which covers accidental damage to your home such as spilling paint down the side of an external wall or damaging pipes when hammering a nail into a wall

Tesco contents insurance

Tesco content insurance covers items on a new for old basis and includes:
• All household goods including carpets and curtains (but excluding clothing and linen)
• Personal belongings (cameras, glasses etc.)
• Up to £300 cash in your home
• Accidental damage to TV, video recorder and stereo equipment (also home computers)
• Up to £250 of freezer contents
• Garden contents, up to £500

As an added option, you can choose accidental damage which covers accidental damage to contents such as spilling paint over a carpet

Second home insurance

Tesco can usually cover your second home if you already insure your main home with Tesco home insurance

Part of the Insurance Web Site network of web sites

Financial services products may be regulated to protect the consumer by the FSA and other such bodies
This site, and all of the sites in the Insurance Website network is/are intended to provide general information only and not provide specific individual advice