Home appliance insurance, cover for the appliances in your house

Get home insurance quote
House Insurance
> House Insurance Home Page
> Home contents insurance
> Buildings insurance
> Garden contents insurance
> Holiday home insurance
> Buy to let home insurance
> Home appliance insurance
> Mobile home insurance
> Flat share home contents insurance
> Small business home insurance
> Overseas home insurance
House insurance provider
Tesco home insurance
Direct Line home insurance
AA home insurance
Barclays home insurance
SAGA home insurance
Editorial Articles


Other Insurance Links

Car Insurance
Life Insurance
Holiday Insurance
Health Insurance
Pet Insurance
Wedding Insurance
Dental Insurance
Insurance Portal


Home appliance insurance

Our homes probably contain many more home applicances than they would have done 10 years ago, so home appliance insurance in an increasingly required element of home insurance.

Contents Insurance

What is Contents Insurance?
Contents Insurance is used to cover the contents of your property against theft, fire, storm, flood and vandalism.

What type of contents does it cover?
Depending on your exact policy, your contents insurance may cover,
All household goods
Non-permanent fixtures and fittings (e.g. carpets and curtains).
Personal belongings e.g. cameras, bags and glasses.
Cash in your home (up to a specified limit).

The items detailed above will usually be covered on a "new for old" basis.

In addition, most contents insurance policies will cover (or give you the option to cover),
Accidental damage to TVs, VCRs, DVDs, stereo equipment and home computers.
Freezer contents (up to a specified amount).
Contents temporarily removed from your home e.g. caravan or holiday home (up to a specified amount).
Cost of replacing external door locks if keys are stolen (up to a specified amount).
Contents in the garden (up to a specified amount).
Extra cover over the Christmas period
Extra cover 4 weeks before your wedding.
24 hour emergency helpline for all types of cover.

Your home contents insurance policy will also give you the option to add Accidental Damage cover.

What is accidental damage cover?
When added to your contents insurance, accidental damage covers accidental damage to contents such as spilling paint on your carpet, knocking over a cabinet of crystal glasses or dropping a vase. It usually covers accidental loss away from home too.

Part of the Insurance Web Site network of web sites

Financial services products may be regulated to protect the consumer by the FSA and other such bodies
This site, and all of the sites in the Insurance Website network is/are intended to provide general information only and not provide specific individual advice