Holiday home insurance, house insurance for second homes or holiday homes

Get home insurance quote
House Insurance
> House Insurance Home Page
> Home contents insurance
> Buildings insurance
> Garden contents insurance
> Holiday home insurance
> Buy to let home insurance
> Home appliance insurance
> Mobile home insurance
> Flat share home contents insurance
> Small business home insurance
> Overseas home insurance
House insurance provider
Tesco home insurance
Direct Line home insurance
AA home insurance
Barclays home insurance
SAGA home insurance
Editorial Articles


Other Insurance Links

Car Insurance
Life Insurance
Holiday Insurance
Health Insurance
Pet Insurance
Wedding Insurance
Dental Insurance
Insurance Portal


Holiday home insurance

Specialist home insurance for holiday property and Second Homes in the UK

If you own a second home or holiday home in the UK then you will need a form of holiday home insurance. Whether you just use the property occasionally yourself, or with family and friends, or you let your property out on a week to week basis then a comprehensive cover policy is the best option to protect your holiday home.

Obtaining suitable house insurance for a holiday cottage or second home can be difficult and expensive due to the possibility of the property being unoccupied for long periods of time, plus there is a risk of legal action from injured guests.

If you do obtain holiday home insurance cover you will probably find that most holiday home insurance require the owner to comply with security requirements. For example: your holiday home property has to be checked weekly, must not be uninhabited for more than 30 consecutive days and the heating must be drained when left unoccupied.

Most owners of holiday homes and second homes only use their property occasionally, and such requirements are inconvenient. To accommodate this some holiday home insurance companies will have a tailored a second home insurance policy that does not restrict cover when your house is unoccupied and includes specialist cover for holiday letting.

Part of the Insurance Web Site network of web sites

Financial services products may be regulated to protect the consumer by the FSA and other such bodies
This site, and all of the sites in the Insurance Website network is/are intended to provide general information only and not provide specific individual advice