Buildings insurance, the branch of house insurance that covers the "bricks and mortar" of your home

Get home insurance quote
House Insurance
> House Insurance Home Page
> Home contents insurance
> Buildings insurance
> Garden contents insurance
> Holiday home insurance
> Buy to let home insurance
> Home appliance insurance
> Mobile home insurance
> Flat share home contents insurance
> Small business home insurance
> Overseas home insurance
House insurance provider
Tesco home insurance
Direct Line home insurance
AA home insurance
Barclays home insurance
SAGA home insurance
Editorial Articles


Other Insurance Links

Car Insurance
Life Insurance
Holiday Insurance
Health Insurance
Pet Insurance
Wedding Insurance
Dental Insurance
Insurance Portal


Buildings insurance

What does buildings insurance cover?

Depending on your policy, your buildings insurance will cover,

The structure of your home and walls, fences, hedges, gates, footpaths, etc.
Outbuildings such as garages and sheds.
All permanent fixtures and fittings such as kitchen units, fitted wardrobes and wallpaper.
All of the above will usually be covered against fire, storm and flood (except hedges, gates and fences), theft, vandalism, escape of water and subsidence.

Again, dependant on your exact policy terms, your buildings insurance may also cover,

Accidental Damage to underground pipes and cables e.g. pipes freezing.
Accidental damage to fixed glass and sanitary ware.
Cost of alternative accommodation for you, your family and pets during necessary repairs to your home following an insured event.
You may also be provided with a 24 hour emergency helpline.

Are there any additional options for my buildings insurance?

You may also have to option to add Accidental Damage to your buildings insurance. When added to your buildings insurance, this will cover accidental damage to your home. This could include putting your foot through the roof, spilling paint down the side of an external wall or damaging pipes or cables whilst hammering a nail into a wall.

Part of the Insurance Web Site network of web sites

Financial services products may be regulated to protect the consumer by the FSA and other such bodies.
This site, and all of the sites in the Insurance Website network is/are intended to provide general information only and not provide specific individual advice.