House Insurance. How to get home contents insurance or cheap home insurance

Get home insurance quote

House Insurance
> House Insurance Home
> Home contents insurance 
> Buildings insurance
> Garden contents insurance
> Holiday home insurance
> Buy to let home insurance
> Home appliance insurance
> Mobile home insurance
> Flat share home contents insurance
> Small business home insurance
> Overseas home insurance
> Site map

House insurance provider
John Lewis Home Insurance
Tesco home insurance
Direct Line home insurance
AA home insurance
Barclays home insurance
Editorial Articles


Other Insurance Links

Car Insurance
Life Insurance
Holiday Insurance
Health Insurance
Pet Insurance
Wedding Insurance
Dental Insurance
Insurance Portal


House Insurance

Home contents insurance or house insurance is usually made up of two seperate entities. Home contents insurance, the insurance we take out against the contents of our home, and buildings insurance, the insurance we take out to cover damage to the "bricks and mortar" or in extreme cases the rebuild cost of our dwelling due to events such as subsidence.

Sometimes both of these home insurance policies are combined to form home building and contents insurance. Many mortgage providers insist we have a policy that covers the "rebuild" cost.

Whilst home contents insurance and buildings insurance makes up the majority of the house insurance market, there are many other variations that cover the remainder of the market.

Holiday home insurance provides cover for second homes or holiday homes and buy to let home insurance covers properties that are let out to tenants. Overseas home insurance should cover holiday homes outside the UK.

Mobile home insurance covers static caravans and other mobile homes. You should also be able to take out insurance for your motor home.

Flat share home contents insurance aims to insure home contents when the property is occupied on a shared rental basis.

Small business home insurance covers people who run a small business from their home, or spend a significant amount of time working from home.

Finally, an extension to standard home contents insurance is home appliance insurance which covers specific home appliances.

Part of the Insurance Web Site network of web sites

Financial services products may be regulated to protect the consumer by the FCA and other such bodies.
This site, and all of the sites in the Insurance Website network is/are intended to provide general information only and not provide specific individual advice.